» Five Quick Tips to Getting Organized in 2015
Five Quick Tips to Getting Organized in 2015
Is it just me or does it seem that getting organized is on just about everyone’s 2015 resolution list?
If you’re one of the many who have resolved to get organized this year. Congratulations! Perhaps I’m biased but is there really a better New Year’s resolution? Getting more organized increases productivity, reduces stress and anxiety which in turn boosts personal happiness!
So how do you really make good on this resolution?
- Create a plan of action. Make a list of each area of your home in need of organizing. I continually tell my clients to put on proverbial blinders. It’s easy to get overwhelmed if you look at the entire disorganization of your home. Instead, break up the entire house into smaller manageable projects.
- Schedule organizing sessions. You make appointments to see the Dr., or go to the gym. Have you ever scheduled an organizing session on your calendar? We’re more likely to accomplish a task if we’re accountable. Writing something down and allocating time to a task increases the likelihood of completing the project.
- Start Simple. Begin with a couple of easier projects such as the junk drawer or a bathroom cabinet or even your purse! This should give you a wonderful sense of satisfaction and encourage you to continue with some of the larger areas.
- Be Ruthless. If you don’t love it, need it, or use it then let it go. Repeat this to yourself if you have a difficult time parting with your stuff.
- Pace Yourself. If you allocate just two hours a week to getting organized, you just created eight hours a month. That’s 96 hours a year! You can make a significant dent in your organizing projects in that time, don’t you think?