As a professional organizer, I find tremendous satisfaction in enhancing lives. My clients will attest to seeing tears well up in my eyes as they enthusiastically relate how some small tip I gave them has somehow improved their daily routine. As creatures of habit, we get accustomed to doing things a certain way. It often doesn’t occur to us that just maybe there’s a time-saving solution or easier way of doing something. Here are eight of my all-time favorite tips to make life a little bit easier:
1. Make your bed as soon as your get up. It will give you a small, early morning boost of accomplishment and sets the tone for a more productive day.
2. Keep a pair of scissors in your bedroom dresser so you can snip those pesky tags off new clothing.
3. As soon as you unpack your groceries, put your re-usable grocery bags immediately back in your car.
4. Mount multiple command hooks in your pantry or laundry room and hang all your gift and shopping bags.
5. Keep your travel cosmetic bag continually supplied. Fill travel-size bottles or small jars with everything you daily use from cleanser to conditioner. This can easily shave a half hour off your packing. (No pun intended).
6. If you travel regularly, purchase duplicate makeup, brushes, contact solution etc. This eliminates the need to unpack and repack after every trip.
7. Purchase a pair of reading glasses for each purse you own and for every room in the house. (I wrote this one as a reminder to myself).
8. Clean out each of your handbags and stock each one with items you regularly use such as tissues, lipstick etc. Stick a $20 bill and several one dollar bills in each one. (The one dollars bills are for tip money. The $20 is because it’s always fun to find cash you forgot you had!)
Introducing New Team Members at The Organizing Professionals®
I’m thrilled to introduce three new members to our organizing team:
Kristi Yablon joins us as our newest Associate Professional Organizer. Kristi taught 8th grade math before deciding to embark on her new organizing career. She now successfully uses her problem-solving skills helping our clients get organized. We are thrilled to have her.
Karen Strauss, our new computer and technology expert has been working with computers for over forty years. Her patient, coaching approach makes her an invaluable part of our team as she helps our clients with various technology issues including basic computer skills, organizing digital files, synching between devices etc.
Last but certainly not least, my daughter, Ariana Bernstein joins us as our millennial tech whiz. Currently majoring in Information Systems at Drexel University, Ariana provides our clients with various valuable IT support. From downloading entire CD collections to uploading home videos to the cloud. She hooks up printers, trains clients on social media and the latest apps, and generally keeps us current all things techy.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for any of your organizing needs. Together let’s make 2017 your most organized year yet!
From all of us at The Organizing Professionals® we wish you a happy and healthy New Year!